Edesix is part of Motorola Solutions’ public safety software suite.
Edesix provides a range of body-worn and in-car video hardware, software and service solutions to organisations around the world and across a range of industries, including: Police and Security services, Local government, Security, Retail and Transport.
To help drive our rapid growth, we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer on a permanent contract and based at our central Edinburgh HQ.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, Agile environment, where you will be exposed to the latest technologies and where your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, then joining our team could be your best career move.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning, improvement and management of our software applications from inception to use.
- Create engineering specifications and documents
- Work as part of a team on complex electronics/hardware projects, being a key member and driving force in the detailed design of the system
- Designing detailed plans to ensure software is functioning properly
- Design reviews
- Customer Support
- Enjoys problem solving and working in a fast-paced technical environment
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, can work independently
- Uses and understands appropriate methodologies to design, build and test complex systems
- Regularly investigates, develops and integrates new techniques and technologies
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Well organised
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent communication skills
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 4+ years of hands-on Embedded Software Development
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to Catherine Waugh, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Embedded Software Engineer” as the subject header.