Edesix is part of Motorola Solutions’ public safety software suite.
Edesix provides a range of body-worn and in-car video hardware, software and service solutions to organisations around the world and across a range of industries, including: Police and Security services, Local government, Security, Retail and Transport.
To help drive our rapid growth, we are looking for a Java Developer on a permanent contract and based at our central Edinburgh HQ.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, Agile environment, where you will be exposed to the latest technologies and where your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, then joining our team could be your best career move.
You will be responsible for developing our core VideoManager application as part of a team of developers, taking responsibility for implementing a range of new features, as well as improving the architecture, performance and scalability of the existing product.
- In-depth knowledge of core Java
- Complex, high performance, multithreaded, state-driven systems
- Hibernate/JPA or similar ORM technology
- Good understanding of software architecture
- SQL/Relational databases
- Automated unit tests
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills to interface with stakeholders and interact in standups
- JAX-RS or similar technology
- Multi-media web technologies, e.g. MSE, Canvas, AudioApi
- Working with Cloud APIs: AWS/S3/Azure/GoogleCloud
- Postgres, SQL server
- Performance analysis, profiling tools for Java and databases, building scalable, high performance systems
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 4+ years of hands-on Software Development
- 4+ years of experience in Java development
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to Catherine Waugh, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Java Developer” as the subject header.