Edesix is part of Motorola Solutions’ public safety software suite.
Edesix provides a range of body-worn and in-car video hardware, software and service solutions to organisations around the world and across a range of industries, including: Police and Security services, Local government, Security, Retail and Transport.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, Agile environment, where you will be exposed to the latest technologies and where your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, then joining our team could be your best career move.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Analyse user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code in compliance with specifications
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review; accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to product and process
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Some Java experience
- Modern MVC framework experience (e.g. Backbone.js (Marionette.js), Angular.js, Ember.js, Knockout.js, etc)
- Java, JAX-RS
- Mobile app development
- Experience with HTML5 media mechanisms (MSE, web audio api, canvas)
- Experience with creating custom controls
- Mobile optimised interfaces
- Unit testing
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 4+ years of hands-on Software Development